I . GENERAL PROVISIONS
1.1. ’’Nowadays Tourism Development: History and Prospects’’ Project Contest in the Academy of Tourism in Antalya is an open mass cultural and educative activity organized by the Academy of Tourism in Antalya.
1.2. BASIC GOALS:
- Orienting school, college and university students as well as youth travel teams to learn more about tourism and hospitality development dynamics;
- Motivating the Contest participants to get education in tourism and hospitality industry in Turkish Republic;
- Promoting and encouraging creativity of the youth involved in tourism and studying achievements in tourism and hospitality industry;
- Opening the contestants’ minds in the range of touristic and cultural heritage of various countries;
- Promoting development of intercultural communications among young people of different countries;
- Promoting practical experience obtaining among youth in tourism and hospitality industry.
2.1. School and university students from Europe and SIC countries, Russia, Africa and Asia are allowed to participate, namely:
- Students of 8-11 grades of public schools;
- College and university students;
- Youth teams and associations (groups, clubs, etc. involved in travel-educatory activities).
2.2. The contestants’ age range is from 13 to 25 years old (defined by the date of birth).
2.3. Other government and private public organizations and institutions are allowed to participate in the Contest upon agreement with the Organization Committee.
2.4. To participate in the Contest one must get registered not later than November 20, 2013.
3. ’’Nowadays Tourism Development: History and Prospects’’ pROJECT CONTEST CONDITIONS AND RULES
3.1. The Contest consists of 2 stages:
First stage – registration and documents submittal.
The registration is made at the Academy’s official internet site www.antcol.ru
Following documents shall be submitted at the first stage:
- Application Form
The registration deadline is December 20, 2015.
Second stage – contest trial
Contestants shall send their Contest Projects (presentations, films, photos, supplementary text documents with description of projects) not later than December 25, 2015.
3.2. Contest Projects format requirements:
- Power Point presentations (not more than 25 slides, in case a presentation contains scoring the corresponding audio file shall be sent together with the presentation.)
- Films in MP4 format – not longer than 10 minutes
- JPEG photos – not more than 20 photos
- Supplementary text document with the Project description: Microsoft Word document; Times New Roman 12 font; single line spacing; total pages should not exceed 25.
Recommendations: contestants describe a Project taking into account their regional specifics (for example if a student lives in Kostanay, Kazakhstan Republic, it is preferred that the Project is about tourism problems and development in Kostanay).
3.3. Projects evaluation criteria:
- Creativity, originality
- Reference source number and quality
- Design format
- Theoretical justification
4. ’’Nowadays Tourism Development: History and Prospects’’ pROJECT CONTEST results announcement
4.1. The Contest results are reviewed up to December 30, 2015. The Organization Committee of the Academy of Tourism in Antalya makes the decision on the winner of the Contest. The Committee reserves the right not to comment on the motives of the decisions made in writing or in word.
4.2. The winner of the Contest shall be the participant who receives the most points as the Contest results.
The Contest winners shall be awarded with valuable prizes and presents:
- Hotel Management course at the Academy of Tourism in Antalya free of charge 2 year at the second intake.
- One semester program and internship free of charge.
- Free of charge participation in the Academy of Tourism in Antalya Language Camp
- Tuition cost discounts for courses and internships
- Winner Certificates
All contestants shall receive electronic Participant Certificates.
4.3. Hotel Management course free tuition package includes 2 year free of charge program at the Russian Department of the International College of Tourism in Antalya, Hotel Management course. Lodging and meals during studies, college uniform, health insurance, study books are paid for separately.
4.4. Free of charge program and internship package includes tuition program at the Russian Department of the International College of Tourism during one semester, organization of internship at a 5* hotel at Antalya coast. Lodging and meals during studies, college uniform, health insurance, study books are paid for separately.
4.5. A winner can change conditions of the tuition making additional payment.
4.6. The contestants who perform at the Contest with good results but do not win it are entitled to study at the International College of Tourism in Antalya with special discount program.
’’Nowadays Tourism Development: History and Prospects’’ pROJECT CONTEST ORGANIZATION COMMITTEE
1) Zafer Bikkenoğlu, Rector of the Academy of Tourism in Antalya
2) Galina Yuriyevna Gvozdkova, Methodist at the Academy of Tourism in Antalya
3) Klavdiya Alexeyevna Zhezherya – International Department Supervisor at the Academy of Tourism in Antalya
5. THe academy contacts:
Phone number (Antalya): +90 242 324 24 07; +90 532 256 12 89
Phone number (Moscow) +7 499 703 02 36
Phone number (Almaty) +7 727 318 51 15
Fax number: +90 242 323 14 62
Skype ID: academyoftourism
Address: Fener Mah, Bulent Ecevit Bulvari, 60-62 Antalya, TURKEY